Moles can be a cosmetic concern for many of us. Not everyone is confident to flaunt them, especially if they are on your face. While there are numerous ways to remove moles in dermatology and alternative medicine, many people prefer using tea tree oil for mole removal. Surgical mole removal is often costly, prompting people to turn to this natural remedy. If you are curious how tea tree oil may help remove your mole, this article explains everything. However, make sure the moles are benigni XAn abnormal growth of cells that is non-cancerous and cannot spread to other parts of the body. It is the opposite of malignant. and get them checked by a doctor before trying home remedies. Scroll down to read more.
In This Article
What Are The Benefits Of Using Tea Tree Oil?
Tea tree oil is extremely versatile. You can use it for treating a wide range of skin, nail, beauty, and hair-related wellness concerns. Whether it is acne or blemish removal, treating nail fungus, or accelerating wound healing – this single ingredient can solve multiple issues. And that’s due to the following reasons:
1. It Helps Reduce Inflammation
Tea tree oil not only inhibits infection in wounds but also promotes healing by reducing inflammation. It is antimicrobial and can prevent a wide range of skin issues, including contact dermatitisi XAn itchy rash or inflammation of the skin caused due to contact with a substance, such as an allergen. (1), (2).
2. It Is A Very Good Disinfectant
Be it broken skin or a minor scrape, bacteria and virus need a small entrance to get into your bloodstream and cause infection. Tea tree oil can help disinfect cuts, wounds, broken skin, and abrasions, thus preventing infection (3).
3. It Prevents Acne Breakouts
Studies have proved that tea tree oil can reduce the severity of acne, and this makes it one of the most potent weapons in your skin care arsenal. A study showed that 5% tea tree oil was more effective in reducing acne as compared to a placeboi XA treatment or procedure that deceives the body into thinking it is real but has no therapeutic value. (4).
4. It Is Effective In Treating Nail Fungus
Fungal infections are very common, and tea tree oil is pretty effective in controlling such infections. Whether you use it alone or combine it with any other ingredient, it works quite well in treating fungal infections (5), (6).
Now, the question is, can tea tree oil remove moles? Let’s find out!
Does Tea Tree Oil Remove Moles?
Well, there haven’t been enough studies on the effectiveness of tea tree oil in removing moles. However, the proponents of tea tree oil claim that this is indeed a no-risk treatment option for mole removal. From anecdotal evidence, it seems that the oil is beneficial in removing moles that are not malignanti XA term used to describe the presence of cancerous cells that have the ability to spread to other parts of the body. or deeply embedded in the skin. Moreover, tea tree oil has been used for treating warts, skin tags, and moles for ages. When you apply it, it dries out the mole, making it fall off on its own.
Moles that do not have deep roots and are more shallow respond pretty well to tea tree oil. The time it takes to cure the issue depends on the size of the mole.
Now, what are the ways to use tea tree oil for mole removal? Let’s take a look.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Mole Removal
There are specific ways of using tea tree oil to get rid of moles, and they are pretty easy. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Take a small cotton swab and
- pour tea tree oil on it (undiluted).
- Place the cotton swab on the mole and fix it with an adhesive tape.
- Leave it on for several hours. Remove it and wash the area with water.
- Repeat this process twice or thrice a day until the mole disappears.
- Take a Q-tip and dip it in tea tree oil.
- Apply the oil to the mole and let it dry.
- Do this at least 2-3 times in a day and continue until the mole disappears.
Before applying tea tree oil, clean your face using a mild cleanser and pat it dry. The outcome of the treatment may vary from person to person.
How Long Does It Take To Remove Moles Using Tea Tree Oil?
Well, it depends on the size of your mole and how deeply it is embedded into your skin. Tea tree oil may give pretty quick results when used on moles that are small and have shallow roots. The moles that have pretty deep roots and are malignanti XA term used to describe the presence of cancerous cells that have the ability to spread to other parts of the body. will not respond to the treatment. You have to wait for at least a couple of weeks before you notice any results.
Also, the duration of the treatment depends on the size of the mole. If it is small, it may take two weeks, while for larger ones, you may have to wait for at least a month before you see any results.
You also have to be very consistent with the treatment to reap its benefits. Follow the treatment method persistently until you see results.
Eventually, you will see that either the mole has shrunk or it has fallen off, exposing clear skin underneath. This skin will be sensitive to touch for a few days before it heals completely. The good thing about this treatment method is that it:
- Is completely natural.
- Is extremely safe, so you don’t have any risk of infection.
- Will not leave any scar marks behind.
- Can be used on any part of your body.
- Is hassle-free and easy to follow.
- Is inexpensive.
When you are working with essential oils, you have to keep certain things in mind.
A Few Precautions To Take While Using Tea Tree Oil For Mole Removal
- Essential oils are pure oil extracts and pretty strong. Apart from the moles, you shouldn’t apply undiluted tea tree oil on other areas as this might cause skin irritation.
- Before you use tea tree oil, do a patch test to check if it suits your skin. Apply a bit of the oil on the area behind your ears and wait for some time.
- Also, do an allergy test. People can be allergic to tea tree oil, and they might not even know until they do an allergy test or develop an allergic reaction.
- The treatment results depend on your skin type. Not all people respond to a particular treatment in the same way. The outcome of the treatment may also depend on your skin type.
- Never ingest tea tree oil. Essential oils are only for topical application.Do not try to pluck or scratch the mole. Let it fall off naturally.
- If the oil is irritating your skin, dilute the oil with a tiny amount of olive or jojoba oil or water and then apply. If the irritation continues, stop right away.Once the mole falls off, protect the new and exposed skin from the sun to prevent sun damage. Apply sunscreen whenever you go out, and keep the area covered for at least six weeks.
Infographic: The Most Effective Way To Use Tea Tree Oil To Remove Moles
Tea tree oil is an effective way to get rid of moles. Here, we stress upon the most effective method and offer additional information that will help you carry out the whole procedure in a better way. Check out the infographic below to learn more.
Moles may lower your confidence and make you conscious of your appearance. Though harmless, many prefer removing them due to cosmetic concerns. Despite having surgical options, most people go for home remedies like tea tree oil for mole removal. Tea tree oil is considered one of the best solutions to many skin-related issues, mainly because of its anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties. Though there is insufficient research to support the claim, anecdotal evidence suggests tea tree oil dries out the mole, which falls off naturally. However, it might not provide instant results, and you need to be patient with the removal procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do dermatologists use to remove moles?
Dermatologists use different procedures to remove the moles. They may burn the moles with an electric current, cut or shave them with a surgical blade or freeze them with liquid nitrogen to remove the moles.
What essential oil eliminates moles?
Apart from tea tree oil, people also use frankincense oil or oregano essential oil to remove moles.
What are the alternatives to tea tree oil for mole removal?
Applying garlic, castor oil with baking soda, iodine, banana peels, and hydrogen peroxide are different alternatives to tea tree oil for mole removal.
What is the fastest way to get rid of a mole at home?
Tea tree oil is one of the fastest ways to eliminate a mole at home. However, the time it takes to remove the mole also depends on its size.
- Tea tree oil possesses antibacterial properties that may help get rid of moles.
- Its antimicrobial properties may help treat acne and nail fungus.
- Use a q-tip to apply a little bit of tea tree oil on the mole and let it dry.
- You may mix tea tree oil with jojoba oil or water before applying it to the mole.
Discover the natural secret to getting rid of moles effectively and safely! Click on the video given below and learn how to use tea tree oil for mole removal.